The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective People
Written By: Stephen R. Covey
Author Credentials: Covey has pursued a varied, but useful series of degress, including a Bachelor of Science, MBA, and a Doctorate in Religion. He has written several books on the subject of principle and leadership, including The Leader in Me and The 8th Habit.
Stephen also taught as a professor for the Mariott School of Management at Brigham Young University and has created his own online community dedicated to creating a new generation of leaders.
Publication Date: 1989, 2004.
Category: Personal Growth, Interpersonal Relationships.
Best Place To Buy: You can grab a copy Amazon.com for $11.98 by clicking here.
The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People is a guide to producing the most effective habits to create a successful life. While everyone has their own definition of success, these habits are the foundation that supports every zero-to-hero and rags-to-riches story you’ve ever been told.
Stephen Covey uses his own life experience and the stories of people he has consouled to illustrate the power of these seven habits and their ability to generate consistent levels of success across many industries and areas of life. The relatable nature of his stories and the common-sense approach to becoming successful is a strong point, the language is simple but effective.
Who Should Read This?
The simple concepts and well-illustrated system for success makes for a read that will benefit readers of all ages, although I would personally recommend it as a gift for anyone over the age of 14, due to the basic level of maturity needed to understand the long-term benefits of reading this book. Anyone looking to start their own journey to becoming the best that they can be, to accept responsibility for their own actions and overcome a hard turn of events, or someone looking to take their mediocre lifestyle to the next level and pursue their dreams should ABSOLUTELY read this book at least ONCE.
1. Simple, effective language makes it easy to understand for anyone age 14 or older.
2. Timeless, re-usable wisdom that can be helpful across many facets of life.
3. A lifetime of trial-and-error advice boiled down into an easily implemented plan for success.
1. Not an instant solution, like many things will require patience to fully appreciate.
2. Lengthy Read, at nearly 400 pages long it is not a read for the feint of heart, but will be well worth it for those who make the journey.
The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People is one of the best books I’ve ever read, at the very least is in the top 3 most influential books to my life. Understanding my own power to change my habits and improve my life has been a blessing, and it should be on the reading list of anyone looking to improve themselves, secure their future, and chase their dreams.
If you’re ready to realize your potential, or know someone who could use a change in their lives, you can grab a copy from Amazon for just under twelve bucks, or about two small Starbucks Expressos. Click here to start the journey, and be sure to check out some of the other great reads down below!
1. How to Win Friends and Influence People: This one is a bit on the Machiavellian side of things, a pretty cut and dry way of looking at the world and getting what you want. I do NOT recommend taking this book ver batem, but as with many of the books I read it contains valuable insight on the inner workings of reality that will help you flesh out your surroundings, which will eventually help you become the person you want to be.
2. The Tactical Guide to Women: I know you’re probably wondering “What in tarnation does finding a partner have to do with self-improvement” and all I have to say to that is, it doesn’t. But there is plenty of useful information on psychology and understanding motives that will help you refine your motives and have the laser-focus you need to achieve your goals.
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, purchases made through links on this site are tracked through Amazon and purchases made within 24 hours will be credited to my Associate Account. This does NOT affect the prices of the products in any way, and it is always appreciated when they are used for the listed products in the above review. Purchases help support myself and allow me to continue producing helpful, high-quality content, so before you go, I’d like to thank you for your support!